|List of Publications (2009 – Present)
- DuBose, K.D., McKune, A.J. The relationship between salivary cortisol, the metabolic syndrome score and objectively measured physical activity in girls. Accepted for publication. Pediatric Exercise Science 2014.
- Kairinos, N., McKune, A.J., Solomons, M., Hudson, D., Kahn, D. The flaws of laser Doppler in negative-pressure wound therapy research. Accepted for publication. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2014.
- Botek, M., McKune, A., Krejci, J., Stejskal, P., Gaba, A. Change in performance in response to training load adjustment based on autonomic activity. International Journal of Sports Medicine 2013. Published on-line ahead of print DOI 10.1055/s-0033-1354385.
- Dyer, B., McKune, A.J. The effects of music tempo on performance, psychological and physiological variables during 20km cycling in well-trained cyclists. Perceptual and Motor Skills 2013: 117(2): 484-497.
- Wentzel, E., McKune, A.J. Effect of a foot pump device on lower leg/ankle swelling in physically inactive office workers. Accepted for publication. Ergonomics South Africa 2013.
- DuBose, K.D., McKune, A.J. The relationship between salivary cortisol and the metabolic syndrome score in children. Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism DOI: 10.1515/jpem-2012-0415, April 2013.
- Schmidt, C., McKune A. Association between physical fitness and job performance in fire-fighters. Ergonomics South Africa 2012: 24(2): 44-57.
- Naidoo, T., Konkol, K., DuBose, K., Biccard, B., McKune A.Elevated salivary C-reactive protein predicted by low cardiorespiratory fitness and being overweight in African children. Cardiovascular Journal of Africa 2012: 23(9): 501-506.
- Lombard, W, Muir, G., McKune, A.J. Minimal changes in indirect markers of muscle damage after indoor pre-season fast bowling. South African Journal for Research in Sport, Physical Education and Recreation 2012, 34(2): 105-114.
- McKune, A.J., Du Bose K. Relationship between salivary androstenedione, body composition and physical activity in young girls. Journal of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes of South Africa 2012; 17(1): 44-50.
- McKune, A.J. Semple, S.J. Peters-Futre, E.M. Acute exercise-induced muscle damage. Biology of Sport 2012; 29:3-10.
- Singh, N., Dennissen, R.,McKune, A., Peters, E.M. Core body temperature, heart rate and hydration status in multiday trail runners. Clinical Sports Medicine 2012; 22(4): 311-318.
- McKune, A., Semple, S.J., Scott, P.A., Charteris, J. Effect of trunk inclination on isometric extensor and flexor torque of healthy adult males. African Journal for Physical, Health Education, Recreation and Dance 2012; 18(2): 317-328.
- Semple, S., McKune, A.J.Biophsyiology of 1–antitrypsin: Roles in exercise and atherosclerosis. African Journal of Biochemistry Research Vol. 5(5), pp. 143-147, May 2011.
- Sookan, T., McKune, A.J. Five minute recordings of heart rate variability in physically active students: Repeatability and age-sex characteristics. Cardiovascular Journal of Africa 2011 Jun 25;22:1-7.
- Mortimer, J., McKune A.J. Effect of sport stacking on cognitive and motor functioning in grade 3 learners. Perceptual and Motor Skills 2011, 113(1): 98-112.
- Semple, S., McKune, A.J., Smith, L.L., Mokethwa, B., Wadee, A.A. Complement proteins (C1est, C3, C4, C6), circulating immune complexes and the repeated bout effect. Human Movement, 2011, vol. 12 (1): 96 – 100.
- Mortimer, J., McKune A.J. Effect of short-term isometric handgrip training on blood pressure in middle-aged females. Cardiovascular Journal of Africa, 2011, 22(5):256-260.
- McKune, A.J., Smith, L.L., Semple, S.J., Mokethwa, B., Wadee, A.A. Complement, immunoglobulin and creatine kinase response in black and white males after muscle-damaging exercise. South African Journal of Sports Medicine, 2009, 21(2): 47-52.